- "The punch starts from the heart and does not miss."
— Blog's subtitle
Born in the comfortable Central district of Hong Kong, Siu Mei Lin was a close protection operative before joining the Special Duties Unit (SDU). With her acute reflexes and cunning CQB methods, she took the lead on several VIP and witness protection operations.
Having deployed an explosive short-range power and combat skills, she joined an elite security service school after graduation. Aiming to become an all-purpose operative, she traveled to a female exclusive training facility in Tel Aviv, Israel. She spent two years there, developing an expertise in firearms and driving maneuvers. Part of Operation High Sun.
After completing her program she returned to Hong Kong, where she ensured the protection of several high risk profiles. In 2008, she reoriented her toward the police force after being involved in a kidnapping situation.
She was first recruited to review the processes used by the Police Tactical Force's Security Wing. During this time, her interest to lead international rescue operations grew, which drove her to apply to the SDU.
As a Flying Tiger (SDU), she uses her experience in close protection to ensure minimum casualties while leading high risk operations amidst Hong Kong's dense urban population.
Her easy-going manner allows her to blend in, making her clients and teammates feel both secure and comfortable. Shows potential signs of post-traumatic stress disorder. She admitted having flashbacks of the car crash when she rushes into high risk situations involving a number of civilians. Her extreme driving maneuvers may be a way for her to cope with stress, to assert control over those memories.
- Ying wears special glasses that make her immune to her own flashes.
- The Candelas can be thrown like regular grenades, but they have a few other deployment options; it can also be cooked before release. Unlike a Frag Grenade, cooking a Candela will delay its fuze.
- There are three lights on the Candela that will progressively light up; for each one lit, the Candela will roll along the ground for a little bit longer before firing off flashes. You can roll it under barricades or through drone holes.
- Unlike other grenades, while rolling into an obstacle, Candelas will not bounce away in an angular direction. It will continue rolling in the direction it was thrown towards, rolling against a wall or obstacle even.
- Barbed Wire will slow down the Candelas' rolling speed.
- Alternatively, the Candela can be used similarly to Fuze's Cluster Charges by deploying it on a breachable surface so it fires the flashes into the room on the other side. Cooking your release here will set an increasingly long delay timer. Candelas are vulnerable to destruction though.
- Candelas can be shot and destroyed by bullets and explosions, along with being an acquirable target for Jäger's Magpies. Bandit can also destroy them with his Shock Wires.
- Jäger's Magpies can target either the Candela itself or the separate flashes it sends out.
- Each Candela has 6 flashes in them.
- When rolled into a room, the Candela will fire flashes in a star pattern (5 flashes as the corners then 1 in the middle), and will detonate in the order they are fired.
- If it is deployed on a breakable surface, it will fire 5 flashes in a line and drop the 6th flash in front of the Candela charge. The 6th flash will detonate first, followed by the rest detonating in the order they are fired.
As an Ally
As an Enemy
Candela x 3
- "Cluster of flash charges that can either be anchored on a surface or rolled out like a grenade."
— Candela Description
Inspired by the new breed of stun grenades showcased by the SAS, this mercury and magnesium based explosive creates a multitude of blinding flashes. The Candela device releases a cluster of flash charges that can either be anchored on surfaces or thrown out as a grenade. This non-lethal explosive was specifically adapted to lead operations in Hong Kong’s densely populated areas, hereby limiting the risk of casualties. Coming with tinted eye pieces and earplugs, this device is geared to give your team a few precious seconds to break in and neutralize enemies.
- A Candela is an SI unit measurement for luminous intensity (specifically in regards to a particular direction).
- Ying's goggles turn blue when her gadget is active, changing the color of her goggles in third person and creating a blue tint in first-person view.
- Ying was in a year-long relationship with the SAT operator Echo. 
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|