The original article was at KRISS Vector. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- ".45 submachine gun with unique proprietary recoil & muzzle climb mitigation system. Features a single, two-round burst, or full-Automatic fire selection."
— In-game description
The Vector SMG is a selective fire submachine gun developed by KRISS USA, formerly Transformational Defense Industries (TDI). It's the only weapon to feature full automatic fire mode in the KRISS Vector series. The Vector is popular for its unique delayed blowback operation which allows using weapon's high rate of fire with the minimum recoil.
In-game, the Vector has the highest rate of fire and lowest recoil of any submachine gun in the game. While those two points make for a great weapon, the Vector also has some drawbacks as well; it comes in the form of its magazine size and damage drop off.
As the Vector burns through ammo due to its high rate of fire, it might be a good idea to use other fire modes to both conserve ammo and be more accurate at longer ranges. Equipping a Vertical Grip will decrease recoil even further. While the Vector is very good for close quarters, it's still possible to empty the magazine with no kill confirmation. Equipping an ITA12S as secondary weapon will aid in those "close" situations.
- High rate of fire.
- Very low recoil.
- Low magazine size for its fire rate.
- Low damage. Can be solved by headshots.
- In-game, the Vector is fitted with a Magpul UBR stock in place of its original stock, and uses Original Magpul 9mm tabs for its magazines.
- The name refers to the type of cartridge used for this variant, .45 ACP.