Im creating blog to explain how categories should be implemented across the Wiki. They allow pages to be grouped together and easier to find as well as improve organization. As such, they have Five simple rules.
- All Main space pages feature categories, no exceptions
- Categories must be relevant to the page and what it and other members of that category have in common.
- All categories themselves must have categories, except the highest ranking of that category system.
- Categories are to only feature text on them stating "This is an index of [blank] for [game]. They are NOT to be left blank.
- Keep category clutter off pages if theyre not necessary and do not follow ranking. Vandal categories or unused categories should be marked for deletion
Here are some examples:
- Claymore would fall under "Weapons of Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield" or something similar.
- If it doesn't exist, create it and be sure to add the category that supercedes it by rank.
- In this instance the aforementioned category would have the "Weapons of Rainbow Six Franchise" category in it.
- Thos category would not have a category itself as it would be the highest ranking.
- Rainbow Six Siege would fall under the "Rainbow Six Siege" category. This category in turn would fall under the "Games" category