- "If you have a few spare hours, I'd love to share the details of how this device is a masterpiece of design. Quadruple independent gear boxes enabling zero to twenty in under four seconds, ten kilometers of internal wiring, eleven hundred expertly machined hand-assembled components, flawless control at over 300 meters... But all my team needs to know is, 'Does it do the job, or doesn't it?' And let me tell you right now - it does the job."
Emmanuelle "Twitch" Pichon is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. A Medium Armored Operator, Twitch can deploy up to two Shock Drones. These drones can take out enemy gadgets from afar and shock enemies.
Born in the historic town of Nancy, Pichon grew up in a family that valued education, particularly math and science. Early participation in sponsored computer programming competitions led to her joining the army cadets at sixteen.
Pichon demonstrates an affinity for complex robotic systems and mechanical academia, due to an early exposure to analytical problem-solving. This ability transcends academia. Unlike many engineers who have the propensity to be emotionally disconnected or apathetic, Pichon is strongly intuitive and empathetic. She believes that technology's best use is to improve the quality of life. This principle motivates Pichon in her military service.
Twitch commands specialized drones which are equipped with special electrical probes that can both disable enemy gadgets or shock enemies, much to their annoyance. While her allies are on the front line, Twitch can use her drones to distract enemies or clear the pathway of harmful enemy gadgets.
- The Shock Drones, as their name implies, are specialized Drones that can emit electric shocks upon the intended target.
- Due to its ability to fire shocks, the Shock Drones are best suited at destroying enemy electronic gadgets, especially during the preparation phase. Her priorities should be gadgets that are harmful to the Attacking side's progress, such as Jäger's Active Defense Systems and Mute's Signal Disruptors.
- The Shock Drones can also be used to take out cameras on the map, removing the Defenders' access to map visibility through them.
- Twitch has up to two Shock Drones like other drones. One is automatically used for the preparation and one more in reserve.
- Unlike normal drones, the Shock Drone cannot jump, limiting the Drone's use to scouting than hiding among elevated surfaces. With this lack of versatility and larger size, it is a somewhat easier target to be shot at by Defenders.
- On the other end, the Drone is much quieter than its normal counterpart and is slightly smoother in control, thus detection of it is typically done by when it's using its shock attacks.
- Take note that to send out her Drones, Twitch uses the action button (PS4: R1; XBOX: RB; PC: MMB), and not the typical deploy drone button.
- The Shock Drones each only have a limited number of shocks that they can deliver, up to 15 times each. Each shock deals 10 damage, regardless of the target's armor rating.
- Shock range is limited to 7.5 meters.
- During an intense siege, Twitch can remove herself from the front line to send in a Drone, distracting enemies as her allies push into an objective.
- If an enemy is DNBO but is distant or in a zone controlled by the Defenders, the Shock Drone can be used to roll in and take out the downed Operator without exposing oneself to potential enemy fire. Though, it takes at least two shots to properly kill a downed enemy if they haven't sustained more damage beforehand.
As an Ally
- Coordinate with Twitch when entering an objective. She can distract enemies to offer allies an opportunity to strike.
- At the start of a round after the preparation phase, if Twitch decides to enter the building with everyone else, make sure an ally is with her. Roamers early on may catch her off guard and kill her while she is droning.
As an Enemy
- Because of the Drones ability to shock allies and destroy gadgets, take care to destroy the drone if possible. However, don't get too absorbed in taking it out, as it may be part of the Attackers' ploy in distracting you.
- The same applies for when the Drone is too hard to hit, thus causing you to make some careless movements to avoid its shocks. Be aware that this too may be part of the Attacker's plan.
- Due to the Drones incapability to jump, laying Deployable Shields in the way of doors is a good way to limit the Drones' possible points of entry.
- As Mira, be aware that Shock Drones are capable of destroying the pressurized canister, thus ejecting the glass.
Shock Drone x 2
- "Uses two Shock Drones to disable traps or injure enemies. Deploys the first Shock Drone during the preparation phase."
— RSD Model 1 Shock Drone Description
The Shock Drone can scout locations and deliver an electric shock via probes that can incapacitate electrical devices and be used as a distraction toward hostiles. The chassis holds multiple shots.
The first official deployment of the RSD Model 1 was during a hostage situation in Paris. A mentally unstable suspect barricaded himself in a convenience store along with several hostages. GIGN was deployed and sought to resolve the situation without violence. Pichon was on site and was able to maneuver the drone close enough to the suspect to deliver a slight shock, forcing the suspect to drop his weapon, where he was incapacitated by an undercover operative. The incident was resolved with zero fatalities.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|