- "Sets an exothermic charge that destroys reinforced walls."
— BRIMSTONE BC-3 Exothermic Charge Description
Jordan "Thermite" Trace is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. He has a medium armor and mobility rating and can breach reinforced walls with the Brimstone BC-3 Exothermic Charge.
Trace joined the Marines after high school, serving two tours in Iraq. After his discharge, he used his GI Bill money to put himself through college at Texas A&M and earned a Bachelor Degree of Science in Chemistry. He then joined the FBI. After four years as a field agent, he transferred to FBI SWAT.
Regimented, disciplined, orderly, these are the words people use to describe Trace. He knows when to relax, especially in social situations. He takes pride in knowing all of the variables. Trace prefers to be the one in control rather than leave things to chance.
- Thermite is an unstoppable breach centered Operator to pick while playing against enemies who are heavy on fortifications.
- He is one of two Operators that can blow up reinforced walls (the other being Hibana) with his Exothermic Charges. You can customize Thermite's loadout with Stun Grenades, or with a Claymore, to cover your entrances from Roaming Defenders.
- Be careful, though: Exothermic Charges can't be detonated while inside a Signal Disruptor's radius, and are destroyed on a Reinforced Wall under a Shock Wire's effect. Make sure it is clear of one before wasting your Charges.
- Exothermic Charges take a bit of time to detonate after triggered so keep that in mind when coordinating your breach. And be careful on Non-Reinforced Walls. Not only is that a waste of resources more suited to normal Breach Charges, Sledge , Ash and Buck, but they can also be shot through from the other side.
- Thermite, Hibana, Thatcher and Twitch can be an unstoppable combo when it comes to breaching reinforced walls. Thatcher can disable Signal Disruptors and Shock Wires allowing Thermite to plant his Exothermic Charge. Twitch can also help Thermite with her Shock Drone, which can also destroy Signal Disruptors and Shock Wires, along with the added benefit of harassing the Defending Team. Alongside Thermite, Hibana can also aid in breaching walls, albeit more methodically.
Developed by FBI SWAT engineers, the BRIMSTONE was designed to breach reinforced locations utilizing a compact and portable explosive load that can deliver maximum force and destruction. As can be seen in the game, the charge first burns through the barrier and then blows that cut piece up with C4. The BRIMSTONE was effectively utilized in the field during a rescue operation in which several people were held hostage in a fortified farmhouse. (Which can possibly be a hint of the operation taking place in Oregon.) The destructive power of the BRIMSTONE allowed agents to breach a reinforced metal security door at the back of the house.
- In a promotional picture for the Pro League Seasons, Thermite can be seen wielding an M870, which isn't available to neither him nor his CTU.
- Keeping in with his Irish heritage, Thermite's last name, Trace, comes from Ireland from an Anglicized form of the Gaelic Ó Treasaigh, or "descendant of Treasach," a personal name meaning "warlike," "fierce".
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|