- "When you mix fuel, metal oxide and metal powder in just the right way, it burns at 2000 degrees Celsius. Hot enough to cut through nearly any barrier known to man. Throw some C4 into the mix, and you've got one hell of a combination."
Jordan "Thermite" Trace is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. A Medium Armored Operator, Thermite is equipped with two Brimstone BC-3 Exothermic Charges. These charges can breach through any Reinforced Wall within a few seconds.
Trace joined the Marines after high school, serving two tours in Iraq. After his discharge, he used his GI Bill money to put himself through college at Texas A&M and earned a Bachelor Degree of Science in Chemistry. He then joined the FBI. After four years as a field agent, he transferred to FBI SWAT.
Regimented, disciplined, orderly, these are the words people use to describe Trace. He knows when to relax, especially in social situations. He takes pride in knowing all of the variables. Trace prefers to be the one in control rather than leave things to chance.
- Thermite is an unstoppable breach centered Operator to pick while playing against enemies who are heavy on fortifications.
- He is one of two Operators that can blow up reinforced walls (the other being Hibana) with his Exothermic Charges. You can customize Thermite's loadout with Stun Grenades, or with a Claymore, to cover your entrances from Roaming Defenders.
- Be careful, though: Exothermic Charges can't be detonated while inside a Signal Disruptor's radius, and are destroyed on a Reinforced Wall under a Shock Wire's effect. Make sure it is clear of one before wasting your Charges.
- Exothermic Charges take a bit of "heat up" time to detonate (~3 seconds) after triggered so keep that in mind when coordinating your breach. And be careful on Non-Reinforced Walls. Not only is that a waste of resources more suited to normal Breach Charges, Sledge, Ash, and Buck, but they can also be shot through from the other side.
- During this "heat up" time, the Exothermic Charges release visible thermite sparks on both sides of the wall, and makes a loud sizzling noise, giving defenders inside a clear warning to the breach.
- Thermite has a rather long animation (~3 seconds) for deploying an Exothermic Charge. Be aware of Reinforced Walls that are shocked by Bandit as Thermite will take heavy damage from the electricity during the animation, and the Exothermic Charge will be destroyed immediately after being placed.
- If possible, set the Gadget Deployment setting in the Controls section under the Options menu to Advanced. This will allow Thermite to cancel his deployment mid-animation.
- The explosion radius on the Exothermic Charges is significantly larger than an average breaching charge.
- One situational trick that can be done with Exothermic Charges is the ability to destroy other adjacent reinforced objects with their larger explosion radius, usually when a direct thermal breach is prevented by Bandit or Mute gadgets. Detonating an exothermic charge on the floor next to a reinforced wall can destroy the bottom of the reinforced wall, and detonating an exothermic charge on a wall next to a reinforced hatch will destroy the hatch along with the wall.
- Thermite, Hibana, Thatcher and Twitch can be an unstoppable combo when it comes to breaching reinforced walls. Thatcher can disable Signal Disruptors and Shock Wires allowing Thermite to plant his Exothermic Charge. Twitch can also help Thermite with her Shock Drone, which can also destroy Signal Disruptors and Shock Wires, along with the added benefit of harassing the Defending Team. Alongside Thermite, Hibana can also aid in breaching walls, albeit more methodically.
Exothermic Charge x 2
- "Sets an exothermic charge that destroys reinforced walls."
— BRIMSTONE BC-3 Exothermic Charge Description
Developed by FBI SWAT engineers, the BRIMSTONE was designed to breach reinforced locations utilizing a compact and portable explosive load that can deliver maximum force and destruction. As can be seen in the game, the charge first burns through the barrier and then blows that cut piece up with C4. The BRIMSTONE was effectively utilized in the field during a rescue operation in which several people were held hostage in a fortified farmhouse. (Which can possibly be a hint of the operation taking place in Oregon.) The destructive power of the BRIMSTONE allowed agents to breach a reinforced metal security door at the back of the house.
- In a promotional picture for the Pro League Seasons, Thermite can be seen wielding an M870, which is neither available to him nor his CTU.
- Keeping in with his Irish heritage, Thermite's last name, Trace, comes from Ireland from an Anglicized form of the Gaelic Ó Treasaigh, or "descendant of Treasach," a personal name meaning "warlike," "fierce".
- Thermite’s Exothermic Charges is renamed to "Texan Dynamite" when wearing his Vintage Bureau set.
- Thermite has collaborated with SAT Operator Yumiko Imagawa with the creation of the X-KAIROS exothermic gadget.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|