- "Deploys a Mounted LMG with a ballistic shield protecting the head from frontal shots."
— RP-46 Degtyarov Machine Gun Description
Alexsandr "Tachanka" Senaviev is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. A Heavy Armored Operator, Tachanka's unique gadget is a deployable mounted RP-46 Degtyaryov machine gun that can be used by both teammates and enemies alike.
Born into a Red Army family, Senaviev enlisted when he turned eighteen. After the Soviet Union pulled out of Afghanistan, Senaviev was transferred into the Spetsnaz shortly before the collapse of the Union.
Calm in crises. Alex harbors a joyous, if acerbic outlook. He has a limited social filter, which has gotten him into trouble in the past.
- Tachanka is a good choice if you want to block access to an area like a corridor or doorway: place the mounted LMG to face towards the direction you expect the enemies and you now have a strong line of fire against them. Be careful though you are limited in your movements while manning the mounted LMG so don't get surprised from the rear.
- Tachanka's LMG has a frontal shield that protects the user's head from headshots. However, the user of the gun is still vulnerable to body shots, making it necessary to place down a Deployable Shield in front of the LMG's presumed angle to minimise the risk.
- Tachanka can deploy a modified RP-46 that can be mounted on a stand to steady the weapon and provide for a greater range of motion. Once deployed, it is available to be used by everyone, including the enemy. This allows players to fortify areas easier as it can cover close quarter areas and does not require Tachanka's full attention due to being able to be used by all players.
- Tachanka's Mounted LMG only allows for a 120-degree turn radius, making it necessary for players to plan out exactly where they'll be able to shoot.
- The Mounted LMG causes 66 points of damage for body shots against light armor at 19m distance or closer. From 20m onwards, the damage drops off until it hits a minimum of 40 points at 32m and beyond. Overall, it usually takes 2-5 direct hits to down an opponent depending on armor type, distance and shot placement.
- A great combination with the Mounted LMG would be to place a Deployable Shield in front of it so as to protect the operator using it. Barbed Wire is also a good option to place in the weapon's line of sight so as to slow them and allow for easier targeting.
- Unlike most other weapons in the game, the RP-46's shots can penetrate 2 surfaces instead of 1. This provides the gun with great ambushing capabilities, able to penetrate the entire wall at once instead of having to shoot off one surface first.
A collector of antique weapons, Senaviev prefers to use original parts rather than modern variants from Somalia, Libya, and Syria, to maintain his RP-46. He utilizes the international collector’s market for replacements or will mill his own components when parts cannot be located or are not cost-effective to acquire.
- A Tachanka (Russian: Тачанка) is a horse-drawn platform with a heavy machine gun in the back. It was used with great success by Russian forces in the Eastern Front in WWI and later by the various factions in the Russian Civil War.
- The RP-46 in real life is a metallic belt-fed variant of the Degtyaryov machine gun, while its in-game form is modified to resemble the original Degtyaryov machine gun, using a pan-shaped magazine, the original curved stock without a pistol grip, and no spring tube protruding from the rear of the receiver.
- Tachanka wears a Maska-1SCh helmet, which was in use by the Russian MVD (Ministry of Internal Affairs) until being largely replaced by the aluminum ZSh-1-2, and then the ZSh-1-2m and ZSh-1-2mr, which features integrated comms. The K6-3, a Russian FSB titanium helmet, is available as an alternate headgear and has a Gear Craft SS-Leto patterned helmet cover.
- The DP-28 (RP-46) in reality fires in an open bolt configuration, meaning, unlike the in-game counterpart, it would be impossible to hold one in the chamber.
- Tachanka has become immensely popular amongst the community. Fans often refer to him as 'Lord Tachanka' or 'Lord Chanka'.
- Tachanka's ballistic shield has the word 'Lord' written in Russian.
- According to the Red Crow Patch Notes, Tachanka was the Operator who proposed to ban the ACOG Scope from use with the SMG-11 during the International Advanced Firearm Conference.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|