Alexsandr "Tachanka" Senaviev (Russian: Александр Сенавьев) is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
Born into a Red Army family, Senaviev enlisted when he turned eighteen. After the Soviet Union pulled out of Afghanistan, Senaviev was transferred into the Spetsnaz shortly before the collapse of the Union.
Calm in crises. Alex harbors a joyous, if acerbic outlook. He has a limited social filter, which has gotten him into trouble in the past.
A Heavy Armored Operator, Tachanka comes equipped with the deployable mounted RP-46 Degtyaryov machine gun that can be used by both teammates and enemies alike. With a frontal shield to protect incoming fire at the user's head, it can be used to anchor a position and block off corridors or doorways with sustained fire.
- The Mounted LMG gives a potent level of protection. When deployed, it will cover its area of sight with surprising efficiency.
- The LMG has a rate of fire of 550 RPM.
- The LMG holds 60+1 rounds and has 179 rounds in reserve. It deals a maximum of 66 damage per shot.
- Once deployed, the LMG can be used by anyone. Since it's not exclusive to Tachanka's use, after placing it down, Tachanka can take care of other duties during the Preparation Phase without needing to attend to his LMG.
- Tachanka can pick up the LMG after deploying it to reposition it.
- When unmanned, the LMG can be destroyed by gunfire.
- On the LMG is a frontal shield that protects the user of the Mounted LMG from gunfire that is aimed at their shoulders or above. It is breakable once it has faced enough damage.
- The mount has a turning limitation of a 60 degrees cone in all directions.
- Using a Deployable Shield will help users of the turret to be protected from body/leg shots from a given direction.
- As a gun, setting aside its combat capabilities as an LMG, the Mounted LMG has above normal environmental destruction, being able to penetrate through two surfaces with one shot and destroy portions of walls more than other guns.
- Once the Operator mounted on the LMG is killed, it is possible to use the LMG to counter Defenders.
- Montagne is impervious to bullets coming from the front, and this includes Tachanka's Mounted LMG.
- Ash is capable of shooting her Breaching Rounds to destroy any Deployable Shield protecting the legs of the mounted Defender, or create an explosion in their vicinity.
- Fuze can surprise whoever is mounted on the LMG, as dismounting will take enough time out of their capability to escape Fuze's Cluster Charge.
- Capitão's Asphyxiating Bolts is very effective to the stationary Defender on the Mounted LMG, burning them if they don't escape in time.
- "Deploys a Mounted LMG with a ballistic shield protecting the head from frontal shots."
— RP-46 Degtyarov Machine Gun Description
A collector of antique weapons, Senaviev prefers to use original parts rather than modern variants from Somalia, Libya, and Syria, to maintain his RP-46. He utilizes the international collector's market for replacements or will mill his own components when parts cannot be located or are not cost-effective to acquire.
- A Tachanka (Russian: Тачанка) is a horse-drawn platform with a heavy machine gun in the back. It was used with great success by Russian forces in the Eastern Front in WWI and later by the various factions in the Russian Civil War.
- The RP-46 in real life is a metallic belt-fed variant of the Degtyaryov machine gun, while its in-game form is modified to resemble the original Degtyaryov machine gun, using a pan-shaped magazine, the original curved stock without a pistol grip, and no spring tube protruding from the rear of the receiver.
- The DP-28 in reality fires in an open bolt configuration, meaning that one in the chamber would be impossible, unlike the in-game counterpart, which holds one in the chamber. This error is shared with other guns with an open-bolt configuration.
- Tachanka wears a Maska-1SCh helmet, which was in use by the Russian MVD until being largely replaced by the aluminum ZSh-1-2, and then the ZSh-1-2m and ZSh-1-2mr, which features integrated comms. The K6-3, a Russian FSB titanium helmet, is available as an alternate headgear and has a Gear Craft SS-Leto patterned helmet cover.
- Tachanka wears a Gorka 4 in KZS pattern and Fort Defender 2 with an SSO/SPOSN Avizent Smersh over it and two DP-28 mag pouches.
- Tachanka's ballistic shield has "Lord" (Russian: Лорд) on its side panels, a reference to the community meme "Lord Tachanka".
- According to the Red Crow Patch Notes, Tachanka was the Operator who proposed to ban the ACOG Scope from use with the SMG-11 during the International Advanced Firearm Conference.
- Tachanka is known to drink and flirt with fellow Spetsnaz Operator and CBRN specialist Lera "Finka" Melnikova.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|