The original article was at FN SCAR. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
The SCAR-H (Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle) is a battle rifle variant of the FN SCAR that chambers 7.62×51mm NATO rounds. The CQC variation offers a shortened barrel, making it optimal for Close-Quarters Combat, hence the initials.
The SCAR-H CQC is categorized as an assault rifle in the Rainbow Six universe. The SCAR-H CQC appears in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 and Operation Dust Line expansion of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. The weapon was also set to appear in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Patriots, up until its cancellation.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
The SCAR-H CQC is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas.
Story and Terrorist Hunt
The weapon is a high damaging weapon that takes out terrorists with only a few rounds. Ammunition is not that prevalent for the weapon in story mode due to terrorists only using it in select areas of the story. Terrorists never actually use the weapon in Terrorist Hunt. The sights are good, but a player might suffer at range, since the target could get lost in the small iron sight of the weapon. The weapon is Gabriel Nowak's preferred rifle in the Mexico mission.
The weapon is above average in multiplayer because it is a high damaging, slow firing weapon. The rate of fire is rather forgettable but the accuracy and range easily make up for this. The weapon is Gabriel Nowak's preferred rifle in the Mexico mission.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
The SCAR-H CQC is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. Since Vegas 1 and 2 share the same engine and models, the weapon appears in the same configuration as its Vegas 1 counterpart.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Patriots
The SCAR-H CQC was set to appear in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Patriots before its cancellation. The weapon was seen in the announcement trailer for the game.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
- "7.62x51mm caliber assault rifle, adapted for close quarter operations, high damage and severe recoil."
— In-game description
The Mk17 CQB is an assault rifle featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. It was introduced in the Operation Dust Line expansion pack and is available for use by the Operator Blackbeard. As a weapon exclusive to its Operator, the weapon comes with two irremovable locks that hold the Rifle-Shield in place.
The Mk17 CQB, as the designation implies, is suited for close-quarters engagements, despite the rate of fire leaving something to be desired. The recoil of the rifle is rather high, especially with a Rifle-Shield deployed, so small bursts are advised. The transition from hipfire to ADS are also detrimental but can be somewhat managed with the Angled Grip. Overall, the Mk17 CQB is a decent weapon on its own, but is also one that is highly versatile with its possible attachments.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 & 2
- The SCAR-H CQC is always modeled with a foregrip, and the grip does not take up an attachment slot since underbarrel attachments are not a customization option in the game.
- The weapon incorrectly feeds 30 rounds out of a modeled 20 round magazine.
- The stock, pistol grip, and gas block of the weapon give it away as a first-generation SCAR-H model.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
- The rifle's designation, Mk17 CQB, likely refers to the Mk 17, the most recent version of the SCAR, and Close Quarters Battle.
- There is a bar code and a QR code attached to the rifle. The bar code says "Numbers to Letters", while the QR code reads "The EUF knows, pack your things and run".