|"A lot of eyes are on us this time, especially since we have poor intel."|
This article, Ranked, is a stub and may require expansion. Please help out by editing the page.
Differences from Casual
- Players have the option to choose their spawn rather than it being random.
- Players are ranked based on their team's performance.
- The system is based on the principle "best team of 5 rounds":
- A minimum of 4 rounds must be won by a team to be eligible to win a match.
- After winning 4 rounds, the team must have 2 points of advantage, unless there's a tie and the next round will be the fifth or subsequent win for either of the teams.
- Under normal circumstances a maximum of 9 rounds can be played per match.
- However, draws can extend the game indefinitely.
- Ranked yields double the amount of Renown for winning a match in Casual.
- Abandoning your team before the end of a match will temporarily render you unable to play Ranked for 15 minutes.
Ranked features 20 skill ranks: Copper, Bronze, Silver and Gold ranks IV-I, Platinum ranks III-I and Diamond. A player's skill rank is first obtained after successfully completing 10 ranked matches.
From there, a player's skill rank is changed based on:
- The relative skill levels of the players/teams in the game.
- Whether or not the player won the match.
- Score and Kill/Death ratio do not matter toward ranking.
- Large skill difference between teams has a dramatic outcome based on who won the match.
- If a Bronze team loses to a Gold team, neither team's rank will change much.
- If a Bronze team wins against a Gold team, both team's rank will change dramatically.
- Prematurely exiting a ranked match always counts as a loss toward skill ranks, even if their team won.
- Abandoning a match, inactivity, vote kickout are all included.
- Connection issues do count as a loss but not as a win if their team won.
- Ranked originally did not reveal the location of a player's killer or play the respective killcam. This was later readded on the March 1st, 2016 patch to function the same as casual to counteract cheating.