- "In a life threatening situation, the average person's heartbeat can be upwards of 175 beats per minute. A well trained tango is able to stay cool, keep calm. Their heart rates can be 70 to 100 beats per minute. But by the time I'm done, that number goes down to zero."
Jack "Pulse" Estrada is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
As a result of the constant relocation from base to base, Jack was fascinated by the microscopic variances that comprise identity. He became adept at recognizing micro-expressions and delineating a person's history based on their speech patterns and physicality.
A Light Armored Operator, Pulse comes equipped with his HB-5 Cardiac Sensor which detects the heartbeats of nearby enemies through obstacles.
- While using the Heartbeat Sensor, Pulse can detect anyone in proximity, even through walls, making it very hard for the enemies to approach undetected.
- The beeping sound that the Heartbeat Sensor emits gets louder as the proximity between Pulse and his target gets closer.
- As an electronic gadget, the Heartbeat Sensor is susceptible to the same weaknesses as other gadgets of its type.
- "Detects heartbeats at a short distance through obstacles."
— HB-5 Cardiac Sensor Description
While working in the FBI biometrics program, Jack developed a portable device capable of tracking a suspect’s blood flow and heartbeat. The portable cardiac sensor proved a useful non-invasive interrogation tool as the operator was able to monitor the stress level of suspects and reliably determine their truthfulness.
The sensor was then equipped with a higher resolution screen and programmed to determine the relative distance of targets. The modified Cardiac Sensor was successfully implemented into the FBI SWAT team’s surveillance counter-measures where sniper spotters and negotiators have effectively used the device to locate hostiles behind cover or from a secure location.
- Pulse was initially introduced to the FBI biometrics program as an intern in 2007. Moving from the lab to active duty in 2010, Jack was invited to join the FBI SWAT. His innate ability to read people made him a natural negotiator.
- Pulse was the lead negotiator in the abduction of a man named Michael Somerset, where it was also the first Operation to utilize a prototype of his Cardiac Sensor.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|