- "Detects heartbeats at a short distance through obstacles."
— HB-5 Cardiac Sensor Description
Jack "Pulse" Estrada is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. He features a low armor rating but has high mobility and his unique gadget is the HB-5 Cardiac Sensor which detects the heartbeats of nearby enemies through obstacles.
Born to Cynthia Estrada and Mark Peterson on Seymore Johnson Air Force Base, Pulse was raised as a military brat. Following his mother's footsteps, Pulse became an intelligence officer.
In 2007, Pulse became an intern for the FBI biometrics program, moving from the lab to active duty in 2010 where he was invited to join the FBI SWAT team. Pulse's work with the FBI biometrics program allowed him to blend his background in communications and biochemistry to a powerful effect. His innate ability to read people made him a natural negotiator. Pulse's Heartbeat Sensor first saw use in the Michael Somerset abduction.
Psychological ProfileEditDue to his constant relocation from base to base, Jack became fascinated by the microscopic variances that comprise identity. As a result, he became adept at recognizing micro-expressions and delineating a person's history based upon their speech patterns and physicality.
- While using the Heartbeat Sensor, Pulse can detect anyone in proximity, even through walls, making it very hard for the enemies to approach undetected.
- As Pulse, it is vital that you communicate actively with your team since you know the movements of enemies nearby.
- In your loadout, you can either equip a Nitro Cell, which you can place in a remote distance and detonate it when you see an enemy through the heartbeat Sensor approach the blast zone, or even use barbed wires in order to slow down enemies and help you detect them in time.
- Avoid Thatcher's EMP Grenades at all costs, as they will render the Heartbeat Sensor useless for a substantial amount of time if they blow up near you.
- The beeping sound that the Heartbeat Sensor emits gets louder as the proximity between Pulse and his target gets closer, so use that to determine the distance. Also note that enemies can also use this noise to determine Pulse's presence, so take caution.
- IQ can detect Pulse when he is using the Heartbeat Sensor, so it is a good idea to be mindful of that IQ if she is on the enemy team and take her out as soon as possible.
While working in the FBI biometrics program, Jack developed a portable device capable of tracking a suspect’s blood flow and heartbeat. The portable cardiac sensor proved a useful non-invasive interrogation tool as the operator was able to monitor the stress level of suspects and reliably determine their truthfulness.
The sensor was then equipped with a higher resolution screen and programmed to determine the relative distance of targets. The modified Cardiac Sensor was successfully implemented into the FBI SWAT team’s surveillance counter-measures where sniper spotters and negotiators have effectively used the device to locate hostiles behind cover or from a secure location.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|