|Overview||Rainbow Six||Rogue Spear||Raven Shield||Black Arrow||Vegas||Vegas 2||Siege|
The MP5 (German: Maschinenpistole 5; English: Machine Pistol Model 5) is a submachine gun derivative of the G3 assault rifle. The MP5 is a submachine gun manufactured by Heckler and Koch that chambers the 9x19mm Parabellum round. The MP5 is one of the most widely used submachine guns in the world.
Although the original MP5 itself does not appear in the Rainbow Six universe, there are several variants of the gun that do:
- The MP5A2 is a variant that has a fixed buttstock and the "SEF" trigger group (German: Sicher, Einzelfeuer and Feuerstoß, English: Safe, Semi-automatic and Automatic).
- The MP5A4 is a variant that has a fixed buttstock and 3-round burst fire trigger group.
- The MP5N is a US Navy model with a "Navy" trigger group (3-position variant, Safe, Semi-automatic, Automatic), a 3-lug/threaded barrel to allow the attachment of a Suppressor and a rubber-padded retractable stock.
- The MP5 MLI is a newer model which has a triple-rail forearm, quick-release-optic mount and the RAL8000 color scheme.
The MP5 family of submachine guns appears to be the standard issue submachine gun of Team Rainbow in the entirety of the franchise. The MP5 was the standard Rainbow submachine gun in almost every Rainbow Six game to date, except Patriots and Siege.
The MP5 is categorized as a submachine gun in the Rainbow Six universe.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 & 2
- The MP5N in real life does not have a burst function. The in-game version incorrectly shows that this weapon does have the option of three round burst. This would, therefore, make the weapon in-game an MP5A5, rather than an MP5N.
- The fire selector of the MP5N in the game is incorrectly set to three round burst by default and is locked in that state. The fire selector does not change if the player changes the fire mode.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
- In the alpha versions of the game, the MP5 was called by its proper designation, the MP5 MLI.
The original article was at Heckler & Koch MP5. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
The following is a list of articles that share the same, or very similar, titles. Please follow one of the links below.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.