|"A lot of eyes are on us this time, especially since we have poor intel."|
This article, M500, is a stub and may require expansion. Please help out by editing the page.
The Mossberg 500 is a series of pump-action shotguns manufactured by O.F. Mossberg & Sons. The Mossberg 500 is the most sold shotgun in the world and only second to the Remington 870 series of shotguns.
Although the Mossberg 500 itself did not appear in the Rainbow Six universe, there are several variants of the weapon that have. These are the Mossberg 500 Cruiser, 500 Tactical, and M590A1.
The M500 is categorized as a shotgun in the Rainbow Six universe. The Mossberg 500 Cruiser was cut from Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas, the 500 Tactical appears in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, and the M590A1 appears in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: VegasEdit
The Mossberg 500 Cruiser is a weapon that was supposed to be featured in both Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, but was later cut from the final product. This weapon was found among the files of the PC versions of both games.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2Edit
The 500 Tactical is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six SiegeEdit
- "12-gauge pump action shotgun favored by SAS, optimal at close range."
— In-game description
Situations and Terrorist HuntEdit
In the Asset Protection Situation, the player plays as the operator Smoke equipped with an M590A1 and a SMG-11 as a sidearm. In both game modes, the White Masks often use the M590A1 as their preferred shotgun.
The M590A1 is, in general, the balanced all-rounder of pump-action shotguns. Decent in damage and mid-ranged combat, the M590A1 is a useful pick, especially considering that it's available to all Operators within their CTU, being, the S.A.S. The recoil is manageable and the pump cycle is reasonably quick, though not nearly as quick as the GSG 9's M870.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 and 2
- It is presumed the 500 Tactical replaced the cut Mossberg 500 Cruiser in Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.
- The 500 Tactical was originally named Tactical 500 in the "New Weapons" trailer for the game.
- The weapon is incorrectly modeled with a magazine tube that is much too short to chamber the 8 rounds it holds in-game.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
- The weapon was called 591A1 in the Alpha versions of the game.
- Curiously enough, in the Season 1 Pro League Weapon Skin, the M590A1 had an Angled Grip equipped on the weapon long before being officially introduced by Ubisoft, even though there's currently no grip for this shotgun.