|"A lot of eyes are on us this time, especially since we have poor intel."|
This article, L85, is a stub and may require expansion. Please help out by editing the page.
The L85 is a family of bullpup of assault rifles. The L85 is a bullpup assault rifle manufactured by BAE Systems that chambers the 5.56x45mm NATO round.Two variants exist in the Rainbow Six universe, which are the L85A1 and L85A2.
The L85 is categorized as an assault rifle in the Rainbow Six universe. The L85A1 appears in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield, and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, while the L85A2 appears in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear Edit
The 5.56 L85A1 AR is the standard infantry weapon of the British Army. Its bullpup design trades accuracy for maneuverability.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield Edit
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow Edit
The L85A1 is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow. The weapon features it's integral SUSAT scope by default, just like in Raven Shield.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 Edit
The L85A2 is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.
Weapon Attachments Edit
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Edit
- "Assault rifle favored by SAS for medium to long range combat. Takes 5.56x45mm rounds."
— In-game description
Situations and Terrorist Hunt Edit
In the CQC Basics Situation, the character plays as an S.A.S Recruit equipped with an L85A2 and a P226 Mk 25 as a sidearm. In both game modes, the White Masks will often wield this rifle in their numbers.
A Jack-of-All trades assault rifle with manageable recoil and a decent damage per bullet. The L85A2 performs well at mid to long range engagements, but is pretty average in close-range engagements due to its rate of fire.
Weapon Attachments Edit
Weapon Skins Edit
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
- The L85A2 uses the same firing sound as the AK-47 from the previous Vegas game, despite the difference in calibers of the two weapons.
- The rifle is incorrectly shown to have pistol-type sights when it should be modeled with a correct ghost-ring style rear sight.
- The weapon incorrectly holds 25 rounds out of a 30 round magazine. The "New Weapons" trailer correctly shown it to have 30 rounds, though.
- The L85A2's iron sights completely disappear upon mounting an optic to the weapon.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
- Like in Vegas 2, the L85A2's Iron Sights completely disappear upon the mounting of a different sight.
Patch Changes Edit