- "Uses an Active Defense system to intercept grenades before they detonate."
— ADS-MKIV "Magpie" Description
Marius "Jäger" Streicher (pronounced Yeager) is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. A Light Armored Operator, Jäger's unique gadget is the ADS-MKIV "Magpie", where they can intercept live grenades before they detonate.
Raised by his uncle who was a mechanic for what later became the Bundespolizei (BPOL) Aviation Group after reunification, Streicher joined BPOL as a helicopter technician. He began designing defensive weapon systems, including a ground-based Active Defense System (ADS) prototype that caught the attention of the GSG-9. A veteran of the GSG-9 anti-piracy ops in the Indian Ocean, he was later recruited to Team Rainbow.
Streicher is highly creative and curious, with a strong desire to serve. He has a tendency to lack humility. Though he has a remarkable affinity for complex machinery, he is not adept at reading social cues. Coupled with his boisterous tendencies he can be a bit abrasive.
- Jäger is a powerful Defense Operator that provides anti-grenade support to the Defending side by preventing them from detonating in the room.
- The Defense Systems can be placed on walls or floors, so make sure to place them according to your needs: on a wall, it provides better support by having a clear view, but the chance of the "Magpie" being disabled by the enemies is increased.
- It's always a good idea, however, to place them on a wall, next to a door frame to prevent any projectiles from entering the room or to place them right next to a jamming device in order to protect them from remote detonated devices.
- Each Defense System can intercept up to two projectiles before shutting off for the remainder of the round. They will still, however, remain in place but will no longer flash red.
- The Attacking side can lose the round if they kill the hostage. It may be to your advantage to leave the hostage vulnerable to grenade attacks, rather than deploy one of your Defense Systems near the objective.
- Grenades from Fuze's Cluster Charge can be intercepted by the ADS. However, you can only entirely intercept 1 cluster charge as each will fire five projectiles and all three Defense Systems can only intercept up to six projectiles each round. Meaning at worst, up to nine Cluster Grenades can still detonate.
- Thatcher's EMP Grenades can be destroyed if they're aimed poorly, but the Defense Systems can't do anything if they're simply thrown from behind.
Active defense systems have been successfully used on ships and tanks for the last decade to destroy incoming explosive projectiles. Typically weighing over a hundred kilograms, such systems have been unusable by troops who need systems that are portable or suited for rapid deployment. Using the most advanced military-grade components and material available, the “Magpie” blends the best miniaturization, defense and engineering technology.
- Jäger, in German, means "Hunter".
- During the Closed Beta, Jäger had a 52% win rating on the defending side.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|