- "A 40mm grenade launcher firing explosive pellets that can be detonated from a distance."
— X-KAIROS Description
Yumiko "Hibana" Imagawa (Japanese: 今川 由美子, Imagawa Yumiko) is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, introduced in the Operation Red Crow expansion alongside Echo. A Light Armored Operator, Hibana's unique gadget is the X-KAIROS Launcher, which can fire explosive pellets that can be remotely detonated simultaneously and can pierce reinforced walls.
A Nagoya native, Imagawa traveled the world to perfect her skills and technique. She is specialized in paramilitary techniques gained by training with the SAS, FBI SWAT, and GIGN, to name a few. From her diverse training, she acquired a rare tactical versatility, which includes a proficiency in tubular (bus, train, and airplane) assaults.
The daughter of a local butcher, Imagawa was inspired by her family to practice Kyudo from a young age. This long range weapon marked her entry in martial arts by perfecting her assessment of multiple factors a once while carrying precise, controlled, and fluid motions.
Her area of expertise is to gain entry in high-risk areas. During her studies at the National Police Academy, she gained the nickname Hibana due to her improvised explosive devices and brilliant leadership skills on the field. Fluent in seven languages and lethal with any weapon, Imagawa was recruited by the Aichi Prefectural Police Department Special Unit, where her diverse techniques and charisma allowed her to move up the ranks quickly.
Imagawa is a natural team builder. Passionate and adaptive, she inspires experts from diverse backgrounds to work together and reach a common goal.
- Hibana is an aggressive alternative to Thermite, using her X-KAIROS launcher to create spaces in reinforced walls. Her fast speed allows her to quickly traverse her surroundings in order to launch at different areas if needed.
- It takes two sets of six X-KAIROS pellets to create a hole large enough to traverse through. Destroying individual X-KAIROS pellets can create obstructions when they detonate, denying the Attacking team entry. However, a single pellet can destroy a barricade or trapdoor, including Castle's barricades and reinforced floors.
- However, if Hibana targets her X-KAIROS pellets near the ground, a hole can be created where any operator may crawl through to create an entry point with the most efficiency. This means that Hibana could theoretically create three different entrances, although keep in mind the slowness of crawling and the danger of the low vantage point.
- Hibana's pellets can be destroyed if it comes into contact with an already electrified reinforcement, forcing the user to destroy the Shock Wire by any means or try a different method of entry. However, it's unaffected when the pellets have been primed beforehand, as the Shock Wire takes just as long to set up as the pellets become ready to explode.
- Similar to Thermite, there is a "heat up" delay between when the X-KAIROS pellets are triggered and when do they detonate. The time is slightly longer than Thermite's Exothermic Charges, being at around 5 seconds. It will also make loud sizzling noises and create visible burn marks on the other side of the wall, giving the defenders a sign of imminent breach.
As an Ally
- As an electronic gadget, Hibana's X-KAIROS can be negated by Mute's Signal Disruptors, in a similar vein to Thermite's Exothermic Charges. Simply having Thatcher and/or Twitch use their unique gadgets will remedy this problem. If the pellets are at the edge of the Signal Disruptor's range, some pellets may still be able to detonate while others are jammed.
Partaking in a Special Operation conference in Jordan, Imagawa met Operator Jordan Trace, a pioneer in Brimstone BC-3 Exothermic experiments. She collaborated with him to develop the "X-KAIROS", a 40 mm caliber launcher. The X-KAIROS fires explosive pellets that can be detonated simultaneously from a distance.
- Hibana (Japanese: 火花) means "Spark" in Japanese.
- However, literally translated, it also means "Fire Flower", which is what her pellets also resemble.
- The X-KAIROS' namesake (Kairos) means "a propitious moment for decision or action" in Greek, referring to both Hibana's aggressive playstyle and her ability to give such a moment with her gadget.
- Her surname (Japanese: 今川) is written on her battledress in Japanese.
- The green canisters on the X-KAIROS are marked with the warnings "可燃性ガス" and "爆発の危険あり", which are Japanese for "Flammable gas" and "Explosive danger present".
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|