- "Toggles a magnification sight with sophisticated image sensors outlining long range marks, even through smoke."
— HDS Flip Sight Description
Timur "Glaz" Glazkov is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. He holds a medium armor and mobility rating. His unique gadget is an HDS Flip sight for his signature OTs-03 marksman rifle. It can outline long range marks even through smoke for easier shooting.
Glazkov was born and raised in Vladivostok, Russia where his father worked in the shipping industry. It was here that Glazkov studied art in secondary school until the Beslan school hostage crisis inspired him to transfer to the Cadet Corps and pursue a career in the armed forces. Afterwards, he attended the Khabarovsk Military Commanders Training Academy before joining the Ground Forces of the Russian Federation and later the Spetsnaz 45th Guards Regiment. He saw action in the 2008 South Ossetia War.
While he doesn't thrive in large groups, Glaz is known to be engaging and expressive in one-on-one conversations. He has a patient temperament and can be very introspective. With his background as an artist, his curiosity, and attention to detail has trained him to be mindful and precise, making Glaz an excellent spotter and sniper. As a skilled painter, Glaz's art is expressive and colorful which is a stark contrast to his military life.
- Glaz can use his Flip Sight to transform his OTs-03 into a deadly long-range rifle. You can use it to support your team from outside of the enemy occupied rooms, by shooting at enemies through windows.
- Glaz's Flip Sight, thanks to the aid of former Rainbow Operator Galanos, has a Thermal Feedback System, highlighting any enemy players in sight, even through smoke. Glaz can use smoke grenades to create a screen and target enemies through it with ease.
- Glaz's OTs-03 is also powerful enough to pierce through Castle's bulletproof barricades. Three shots to these barricades will completely destroy it.
- Having other teammates breach walls or windows for Glaz is a great way to give the player better line of sight to enemies.
- He is the only Operator capable of destroying the otherwise bulletproof windows on the Presidential Plane. As a result, many Defenders tend to overlook this and can commonly be seen through them.
- Glaz's OTs-03 is able to penetrate 2 surfaces at once. This allows his rifle to pierce through non-reinforced surfaces with ease.
The HDS Flip Sight was developed by the Spetsnaz for Russian snipers to use in tactical situations where the range of targets may vary greatly in a short amount of time.
- Glaz (Russian: Глаз) means "eye" in Russian, this coincides with his stealth and marksmanship.
- As seen in his Operator video, Glaz has a scar on his right eye. However, this does not appear to affect his vision in any way.
- Glaz wears a Russian "Chechenka" hat, a "Kosynka" over his face, and a form of active hearing protection similar to MSA Sordins, or Peltor ComTacs.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|