- "Uses a mechanical trap to incapacitate enemies."
— Sterling MK2 LHT Description
Tina "Frost" Lin Tsang is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, introduced in the Operation Black Ice expansion alongside Buck. A Medium Armored Operator, Frost's unique gadget are the Sterling MK2 LHTs, mechanical traps that can be used to incapacitate enemies.
Tsang grew up in Vancouver, British Columbia. When she turned eighteen, Tsang enlisted with the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) and was sent to the Royal Military College of Canada (RMC) as an Officer Cadet. After completing a bachelor's degree in Science and Mechanical Engineering, she completed her officer training and was stationed at CFB Comox with the Joint Coordination Centre Victoria (JRCC Victoria). She was later invited to join Joint Task Force 2.
Tsang is an extremely focused individual who meticulously plans out every move she makes. When she sets her eyes on a goal, there is little that can stop her. Tsang is patient and never takes shortcuts.
- The Welcome Mat will put victims in a down but not out state (DBNO) if successfully caught. Trapped enemies cannot crawl, but can be freed by a teammate. It may only be destroyed with gunfire or, similar to Barbed Wire, with a melee hit.
- Putting a Welcome Mat behind a Deployable Shield or other vault-able objects can help conceal it to give enemies a surprise. Placing the Welcome Mats under windows that enemies are likely to breach through also conceals it very well, as placed close to the window the trap cannot be seen from outside, even if the Attackers are upside-down.
- While it may seem like a good idea to rush out and kill enemies caught in a Welcome Mat, keep in mind that they may have teammates nearby coming to help them. This could either benefit or harm your team, as it could lead to multi-kills for you or an easy target for them.
- The Welcome Mat can be very effective when placed under a trapdoor. When enemies destroy it and drop from the ceiling, the first will drop straight onto the trap, putting them into the DBNO state immediately.
- Any unlucky Attacker who's unfortunate enough to step on her Welcome Mats will be unable to slow down their DBNO counter or move, meaning that caution is advised if Frost is on the Defending Team.
Equipped with a floor mounted, rubber and metallic spring loaded leg-hold trap, dubbed the "Welcome Mat", Frost uses it as a non-lethal means of immobilizing her prey. The sleek design of the trap allows for seamless deployment without extensive camouflage. A completely mechanical device, it is undetectable by electronic scanners.
- Her blood type is B+ as seen on one of the pouches on her rig.
- Before Update 3.0, there was a bug that when she was placing her welcome mat, she sounded like Buck.
- On Frost's default headgear, the Under Armor logo can be seen.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|