- "I've learned from experience that the place to save lives is in the field, not an office. And sometimes the only way to save a life, is to take one."
Gustave "Doc" Kateb is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. A Heavy Armored Operator, Doc's Unique Gadget is the MPD-0 Stim Pistol. It is able to revive and heal allies from afar.
Kateb grew up in an affluent family, in Paris’ 16th arrondissement. At twenty, he abandoned a potentially prominent private medical practice in favor of a career with the French Defense Health Service. He is certified to practice in ten countries "Doctors Without Borders"
Gustave Kateb is cut from a rare cloth: a genuine altruist, a true believer in making the world a safer place for his fellow man. A volunteer for Doctors Without Borders and medical officer for the Brigade des Forces Speciales Terre, he is a proficient field medic who carries a Stim Pistol allowing him to revive downed teammates from a distance.
Doc's Stim Pistol has a multitude of functions that can aid the Defenders' overall survival, which he can apply to himself if in the same situation. His role as the only Operator with healing capabilities makes him a pivotal support Operator during a siege.
- The Stim Pistol functions as a healing gun, healing 40 health to any player that Doc hits with it, including enemy Attackers. It is also able to revive downed players from afar in one shot.
- If used to revive a player, it will instead revive them to 75% of their baseline health, compared to a manual revive that restores only 50%.
- The revive process for the Stim Pistol is also shorter than a teammmate's revive, taking only 2.75 seconds compared to 4 seconds when manually helped by a teammate.
- Although the Stim Pistol has travel time unlike other guns, there is no drop.
- The Stim Pistol also has pinpoint hipfire accuracy, thus not requiring to aim down sight to make accurate hits on allies.
- When in hand, the action button (PS4: R1; XBOX: RB; PC: MMB) allows Doc to use the Pistol on himself, including reviving himself if downed.
- Pressing the action button again does not holster the Stim Pistol back to whatever gun Doc had switched out with. Meaning, he has to switch with the other action button (PS4: △; XBOX ONE: Y; PC: 1 (Primary) or 2 (Secondary)) to avoid accidentally using the Stim Pistol on himself.
- The Pistol also has the capability to Overheal other players or himself. Overheal effectively gives the respective Operator a buffer beyond their maximum health.
- Any Operator can only have up to 40 extra health from an Overheal, which decays at a rate of 1 health per second.
- During a Multiplayer match, Doc only has 3 shots per round. In Terrorist Hunt, he has 5.
- Doc works especially well with fellow GIGN defending Operator, Rook, and his Armor Plates, which grants those who wear the Plates heightened defenses and a greater chance of being downed than killed.
- "Fires a hypodermic shot to revive himself or teammates from a distance. Can also provide a temporary boost."
— MPD-0 Stim Pistol Description
A handheld, trigger-operated pistol powered by a pressurized CO2 charge delivering a 1mg dose of epinephrine in a saline solution.
While careful close range medical care is obviously preferable in the case of a major combat injury, fast-paced real-world operations require a more flexible approach to treating field casualties. The reviving jolt that Doc administers with expert marksmanship can often spell the difference between mission success and failure when each second is precious.
- Doc is the first Operator who is able to perform an Operator specific action while down but not out.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|