- "Caveira's predatory stealth, the "Silent Step", allows her to lurk on her prey, almost inaudible, until it's too late."
— Silent Step Description
Taina "Caveira" Pereira is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, introduced in the Operation Skull Rain expansion alongside Capitão. She features a low armor rating but has high mobility, and possesses the "Silent Step" skill, which enables her to sneak up on enemies to immobilize and then "Interrogate" them to reveal their teammates’ location.
Born seventh in a family of ten boys, Pereira had to be resourceful in order to get what she wants. Little of her childhood is known apart from the meager pension her mother received after her father died. She was six years old when the Pereira family was forced to move to a poor neighborhood in the outskirts of the São Paulo state.
She only caught the authorities' attention when she was 16, after her mother reported that she had been missing. A year later, Pereira was arrested miles away on robbery charges in Rio de Janeiro. Remaining poised and displaying intellect throughout the process, Pereira impressed the judge in charge of her case. He was lenient towards her age and character, which, he claimed, showed potential for social-educational reform. He gave Pereira the choice between entering a juvenile reformatory (FEBEM) and working with BOPE in Rio de Janeiro.
Sensing protection for her deviant predisposition, Pereira accepted to become a BOPE criminal informant.
Psychological ProfilePereira excels at extracting information from suspects. Albeit using controversial methods undermining BOPE protocol, she was a key interrogator during the 2010 Rio de Janeiro Security Crisis. Her brutal behavior on the field suggests she may be suffering from an anti-social personality disorder. However, the results of all the tests conducted were inconclusive.
- Caveira is a dangerous Operator for those who rely on audio cues to be aware of their surroundings. Using silence and a modified handgun, she's a powerful Operator in the right hands.
- Caveira has a special handgun called the "Luison", and it's considered a part of her ability. The "Luison" uses subsonic ammunition and custom suppressor wrapped in a rock-based mineral fiber to both insulate and soundproof the silencer. This weapon allows Caveira to incapacitate her target discreetly and conduct an interrogation. Unlike most guns, The "Luison" is guaranteed to put an enemy into a DBNO state (unless they are the last enemy alive), even if the bullet hits the head. However, shooting a downed Operator again with the handgun will kill them.
- When meleeing while using Silent Step, Caveira will punch with her fist instead of a knife, putting enemies into a DBNO state instead of killing them. Meleeing without Silent Step will result in the standard lethal knife attack.
- Her greatest asset is her Interrogation technique. It works by approaching an enemy in the DBNO state. Interacting with the downed enemy will play the unique animation of interrogating. After interrogation, Caveira, and the other Defenders are able to see Attackers' names and icons at their current location for 10 seconds. At the end of the interrogation, Caveira will stab and kill the enemy. The player who interrogated will be awarded 50 points for a confirmed kill and 75 points for interrogation.
- However, her greatest asset is also her weakness. In a similar vein to Frost's Welcome Mats, other Attackers may be nearby and might be in communication with the rest of their team. This means that if someone is nearby and is warned, they will soon run to find and gun down Caveira, who will be most likely be caught off guard, especially if she's in the middle of an interrogation.
- It's recommended to not chase down an Attacker, but rather, wait for an opportune moment to strike.
- Caveira's Silent Step allows her to hide her footsteps from Jackal's Eyenox. However, if she leaves any tracks, she will be tracked by Jackal unless she's in Silent Step at the time of tracking. If she's tracked anyway, activating Silent Step at the right moment will negate the timed track when it's supposed to pinpoint her again.
Caveira’s predatory stealth technique, the "Silent Step", allows her to lurk on her prey, almost inaudible until it’s too late. Caveira’s ability allows her to sneak on her target, swiftly immobilize them and force them to divulge the position of the opposing team (the interrogation mode). She is also equipped with the "Luison", a unique PRB92 with a custom suppressor and subsonic ammunition. Do not simply neutralize your opponent; make sure that no one gets away.
- Caveira means "Skull" in Portuguese.
- Her blood type is stated to be O+ on her rig.
- When an enemy is killed during interrogation, Caveira will pick up the radio and say one of the "after interrogation voice lines". However, this triggers no animation and will still play if Caveira walks away from the dead body. The voice line is heard by you and the entirety of the enemy team.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|