Miles "Castle" Campbell is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. He features a medium armor and mobility rating and has the unique ability to deploy 3 bulletproof UTP1 armor panels rather than the normal wooden panels.
Castle graduated from California State Los Angeles with a bachelor's degree in Science and Criminal Justice and promptly joined the LAPD. After five years, he was assigned to the LAPD SWAT team where he excelled at for three years before being transferred to the FBI. Once two years had passed, his career had taken a natural progression as he was reassigned to the FBI SWAT team. He brings an expertise in defense and reinforcement to Team Rainbow, ever ready to deploy his signature reinforced barricades.
Psychological ProfileCastle has a knack for putting people at ease, always appearing comfortable despite the situation. He constantly strives to make sure that those around him are taken care of and feel safe and is highly protective of people close to him. Castle studies languages as a hobby, being able to speak Latin, Spanish, and Korean.
- Castle can greatly slow down the enemies' progression by blocking doorways or windows with Armor Panels requiring a higher amount of destruction to go through. Since the Armor Panels are bulletproof, they are especially useful to cover up windows that are highly exposed to enemy fire.
- These Armor Panels become extremely powerful when used in coordination with Mute's Signal Disruptors, as they will prevent the enemies from using any breach charges to break it, however, the bulletproof Armor Panels are no match for Sledge's Breaching Hammer and Ash's Remote Breach.
- The Armor Panels are also easy to miss in areas where they blend in with similarly colored walls. As such, players should be more mindful of them and should communicate their locations to teammates.
- The Armor Panels are regenerated when taken down, so feel free to take them down and allow passage for teammates/yourself.
- Operators cannot break holes in armor panels easily, restricting them from looking through any holes made.
- Despite being labeled as bulletproof, Glaz is able to penetrate through the armored panels.
- Castle's armor panels can be destroyed manually if hit with a melee attack 12 times.
- Armor panels take increased time for defenders to pull off and do not release any smoke when destroyed.
- Armored Panels placed on doorways are not fully enclosed like a armored panel on a window as this means a well thrown frag grenade can slip under the armor panel and explode on the other side.
- However both sides can peek shot underneath the crack of a doorway armored panel which can make placing a breach charge risky as the defender can easily kill the attacker by firing at there exposed feet.
Working with FBI SWAT, Campbell was in the middle of a hostage extraction when he became cornered in a small outbuilding. The dilapidated structure lacked a door. Utilizing what was available to him, Campbell fashioned a crude blockade with a discarded blanket and a staple gun he found in the shed. This allowed him to limit the line of sight to the building and remain concealed until backup took out the pursuing hostiles. This experience inspired the creation of the UTP1-Universal Tactical Panel, a lightweight barricade that has been successfully utilized in FBI SWAT operations since its implementation in 2013.
- Castle's operator video shows him using an SG-CQB, which is neither something he can equip nor a part of his CTU.
- His beta badge depicted an inverted Valknut, a symbol rooted in Germanic Paganism.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|