Vicente "Capitão" Souza is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, introduced in the Operation Skull Rain expansion alongside Caveira. A Light Armored Operator, Capitão's unique gadget is a Tactical Crossbow that can fire asphyxiating bolts, which will burn oxygen within a certain radius, as well as micro smoke grenades, that can mask positions and team movements.
Vincente Souza grew up in Nova Iguaçu outside of Rio de Janeiro, the youngest of three children.Tenacious and dedicated, Souza joined the Policia Civil after high school. He was quickly recruited by Cooredenadoria de Recursos Especiais (CORE).
During a raid on the Terceiro Comando Puro with CORE, Souza was ambushed as he cleared a house in Senador Camará. Two months later, CORE was able to extract Souza and three other hostages during a rescue operation, however, the damage to Souza's body was done.
There were talks of removing him from the field. In the meantime, CORE was looking for field operatives to test new gears, and Souza saw his chance. His stoicism and unique tactical method then turned him into a local icon.
That's when BOPE made him an offer, seeing in him their unit's spirit, 'victory over death'. Souza could not turn them down; it meant working in the favela where his gear would lessen casualties.
Psychological ProfileWhen Souza was ten, his older brother was killed by a member of the Comando Vermelho. After losing his brother, he dedicated his life to protecting Brazil. He can become fixated when innocent lives are at stake. This makes him an excellent operative in conditions where there is a high risk for collateral damage. His experience as a hostage has only strengthened his resolve to protect Brazil from the horrors the drug trade inflicts upon its people.
- Capitão is an Operator skilled in misdirection and denial, equipped with a Claymore to further support his skillset.
- Capitão's Tactical Crossbow has two different bolts: Asphyxiating Bolts and Micro Smoke Grenades. Asphyxiating bolts cover an area big enough to block an entire doorway and do massive damage. Micro Smoke Grenades cover a much wider area than regular Smoke Grenades. Both are silently fired and can catch unaware Defenders by surprise.
- The Crossbow is loaded with Asphyxiating Bolts by default. The player can switch to Micro Smoke Grenades by pressing the firing mode key. Capitão will automatically load the alternate ammunition when one is depleted.
- Despite visual appearances implying otherwise, the Asphyxiating Bolts damages only other Operators, not any surrounding gadget caught in its area of effect.
- A direct impact from a bolt deals 5 damage, but it cannot cause a headshot.
- "Tactical crossbow firing asphyxiating bolts and micro smoke grenades."
— TAC Mk0 Description
Equipped with the Tactical Crossbow TAC Mk0, Capitão can fire two types of ammunition: asphyxiating bolts and micro smoke grenades. The asphyxiating bolts burn the oxygen in a given perimeter, which is lethal to your target. The micro smoke grenades enable you to mask your movements. Deliver swift and agile assaults without alerting your opponents of your position.
- Capitão, in Portuguese, means "Captain".
- According to one of the pouches on his rig, his blood type is A+.
- Similar to Castle, Capitão has two different character artworks. One is used as the Operator image in-game, and another is only seen when unlocking Capitão.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|