- "Toggles under-barrel shotgun attachment on his main weapon."
— SK 4-12 Description
Sébastien "Buck" Côté is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, introduced in the Operation Black Ice DLC expansion alongside Frost. A Medium Armored Operator, Buck's unique gadget is an under-barrel mounted shotgun known as the "Skeleton Key", which can be used for creating breaches with ease.
A Montreal native, Côté always wanted to lead an unconventional life. He enrolled in the Canadian Armed Force via the Regular Officer Training Plan, which allowed him to attend University and obtain a degree in criminology. After graduation, he became an MP in the Canadian Army.
When his time in the Army was completed he joined the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and eventually became a part of the Emergency Response Team. After excelling in his ERT role he was invited by the Canadian military to re-up and become a member of JTF2.
Highly pragmatic, Côté will always take the shortest distance between two points. He is not one to mince words or become hyperbolic. He enjoys simple mechanical devices rather than the more high-tech arsenal employed by other members of Team Rainbow.
- Buck is a powerful, versatile Operator matched by the likes of Sledge in terms of playstyle and weaponry. His loadout allows him to function differently depending on the situation and map.
- The shotgun is good for creating breaches to open up new lines of sight through cover when engaging your target. Standing further from a wall will result in a hole that can be vaulted with just one shot.
- When Buck's primary weapon runs out of ammo in a close quarters, it is highly recommended that he switches to the Skeleton Key rather than switching to a pistol. Switching to the Skeleton Key is much faster and will more than likely work in the players favor if they are quick enough. While highly effective, the Skeleton Key is ineffective in mid to long range firefights, so switching to your pistol would be your best bet.
- The Skeleton Key holds 4 + 1 shells and carries 16 shells in reserve.
- While he can destroy wooden barricades with his shotgun it is not very advisable to do it for every barricade since it takes 3 shells to destroy.
The Skeleton Key, an under-barrel mounted 12 gauge shotgun, allows Buck to swiftly breach and target hostiles. By changing hand positions on his assault rifle, he is able to quickly switch from ranged to close-quarter combat. The Skeleton Key is also an effective breaching tool to destroy barricades or create a line of sight.
- The name SK 4-12 is likely a shortening for Skeleton Key. The numbers possibly refer to the magazine size and gauge used.
- The name of the under-barrel mounted shotgun, Skeleton Key, alludes to the KAC Masterkey under-barrel mounted shotgun, as a Skeleton key is a type of Master key. The names of both shotguns allude to their use as door breaching shotguns.
- The weapon itself is based on the M26 MASS underbarrel shotgun. However, the actual attachment is bolt-action instead of semi-automatic, unlike its in-game portrayal.
- His blood type is O+ according to one of the pouches on his rig.
- A patch showing the flag of Quebec, Buck's birthplace, is present on his right arm.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|