- "Toggles under-barrel shotgun attachment on his main weapon."
— SK 4-12 Description
Sébastien "Buck" Côté is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, introduced in the Operation Black Ice DLC expansion alongside Frost. He features a medium armor and speed rating. His unique gadget is an under-barrel mounted shotgun known as the "Skeleton Key", useful for creating breaches with ease.
A Montreal native, Côté always wanted to lead an unconventional life. He enrolled in the Canadian Armed Force via the Regular Officer Training Plan, which allowed him to attend University and obtain a degree in Criminology. After graduation he became an MP in the Canadian Army.
When his time in the Army was completed he joined the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and eventually became a part of the Emergency Response Team. After excelling in his ERT role he was invited by the Canadian military to re-up and become a member of JTF2.
Highly pragmatic, Côté will always take the shortest distance between two points. He is not one to mince words or become hyperbolic. He enjoys simple mechanical devices rather than the more high-tech arsenal employed by other members of Team Rainbow.
- Buck is a powerful, versatile Operator matched by the likes of Sledge in terms of playstyle and weaponry. His loadout allows him to function differently depending on the situation and map.
- The shotgun is good for creating breaches to open up new lines of sight through cover when engaging your target. Standing further from a wall will result in a hole that can be vaulted with just one shot.
- When Buck's primary weapon runs out of ammo, it is highly recommended that he switches to the Skeleton Key rather than switching to a pistol. This is because switching to the Skeleton Key is much faster and does not require him to switch weapons while in a firefight.
- The Skeleton Key, while effective at close range, becomes useless as a weapon beyond tight quarters. It is not a good idea to try using as a weapon when not in extremely close quarters.
The Skeleton Key, an under-barrel mounted 12 gauge shotgun, allows Buck to swiftly breach and target hostiles. By changing hand positions on his assault rifle, he is able to quickly switch from ranged to close-quarter combat. The Skeleton Key is also an effective breaching tool to destroy barricades or create a line of sight.
- The name SK 4-12 is shortening for Skeleton Key. The numbers refer to magazine capacity and reserve ammunition of the weapon. However, with the addition of an additional magazine for the MAAS, the name is now innacurate.
- The name of the under-barrel mounted shotgun, Skeleton Key, alludes to the KAC Masterkey under-barrel mounted shotgun, as a Skeleton key is a type of Master key. The names of both shotguns allude to their use as door breaching shotguns.
- The weapon itself is instead based on the M26 MASS underbarrel shotgun. However, just like the KAC Masterkey, the actual attachment is a bolt-action instead of semi-automatic, unlike the way they were portrayed.
- His blood type is O+ according to one of the pouches on his rig.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|