Elias "Blitz" Kötz is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. A Heavy Armored Operator, Blitz's unique gadget is a G52-Tactical Shield, which capable of blinding enemies facing the shield akin to that of a Stun Grenade.
A student of Hermann-Böse-Gymnasium, Kötz excelled academically and as a sportsman in the HBG's bilingual program. His imposing physique made him an exceptional athlete, he carried his experience on the field into his military training. His jovial nature and academic background eased the transition from a Schnelle Kräfte soldier in Kosovo to a member of GSG 9. Kötz was integral to establishing an anti-terrorism unit in India following the 2008 attack in Mumbai.
Kötz has seen his share of battlefield horrors but is mentally resilient. He uses humor to disarm and as a device to manage stress during operations. He is the first to rush a barricade and is always willing to place the team's safety over his own. Kötz rejects the concept that his deeds are in some way heroic. When faced with overt praise, he will become self-effacing.
- Blitz is a very effective point man: with his Flash Shield, he can blind any target looking at him and in the range of his uni-directional flash, leaving them highly vulnerable to any teammate standing behind him.
- Blitz features five total flash charges, leaving no room for error. Also, as with the standard ballistic shield, keep a distance from your enemies as melee attacks will make you lose your shield stance, leaving you open to enemy fire.
- Blitz can still utilise his Flash Shield while aiming down sights. This means that walking into a room with your sights up, peeking a corner and using the flash is an effective method of surprising your enemy, leaving them vulnerable.
- Be wary of Mute's Signal Disruptors, as they can jam the flash charges on Blitz's Flash Shield.
- Blitz's shield has a maximum reach of 7 metres, with full temporary blindness being caused at distances up to 4 metres. Unlike flashbangs, facing away from Blitz has no effect on all ranges.
- After the Mid Season Reinforcements of Operation Blood Orchid, Blitz is able to run with his shield up, unlike other shield operators who lower their shield when running. This allows him to rapidly close the distance with his targets to flash and shoot them while staying protected.
Flash Shield x 5
- "Triggers the flash attached to his ballistic shield to temporarily blind enemies."
— G52-Tactical Shield Description
Kötz has been a fan of flashbang entry methods since joining the Schnelle Kräfte, preferring to disorient to limit collateral damage, unlike other explosive entry methods. The G52-Tactical Shield allows Kötz to quickly advance after firing a row and remain protected from frontal attacks as he moves to aid teammates or hostages.
Inspired by ballistic shields fashioned with strobe lights, the G52-Tactical Shield takes this technology one step further. By replacing a high-intensity light source with three rows of eight flashbang grenades, the G52 allows for a bold and calculated entrance where the aim is to incapacitate rather than maim potential targets.
- Blitz's means "Lightning" in German.
- The word "Lächeln", which means "Smile" in German, and a smiley face can be seen painted on his shield in some promotional materials. They are absent in-game.
- On February 3rd, 2017, during the live panel of the Rainbow Six Invitational, it was revealed that Blitz's original ability involved spawning during the Preparation Phase. This had been abandoned as it was determined to be game breaking.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|