Craig "Blackbeard" Jenson is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, introduced in the Operation Dust Line expansion alongside Valkyrie. A Medium Armored Operator, Blackbeard's unique gadget are two Rifle-Shields. These shields protect his head from a few bullets, allowing a higher survivability rate at the cost of mobility and recoil control.
Jenson grew up in a comfortable upper middle-class family with no military history. He decided that he wanted to be a Navy SEAL at a young age and devoted his life to achieving this goal. With the help of his father, a kinesiology professor at the University of Washington, he started training at twelve and enlisted at eighteen.
The drive and discipline seen in SEAL team members is what drew Jenson to the group. He sees SEALs as an ideal blend of mental and psychical abilities and strives to optimize both of these traits in himself.
Blackbeard is a point-man of the Attackers. His Rifle-Shield is essentially several seconds of frontal headshot immunity while he's Aiming Down Sights. This makes him a difficult opponent to engage, although he's not without his flaws.
- Blackbeard is a strong point man with his Rifle-Shield, which can block a couple headshots before breaking. While accuracy is still a strong priority, the risk is lessened significantly by giving a buffer between him and his targets.
- To minimize this risk, Blackbeard needs to maintain a staunch opposition with prolonged exposure in open areas.
- The speed penalty applied when his gadget is active only applies when Blackbeard is using his primary weapon. If Blackbeard switches to his D-50, he will still be able to move at a normal speed.
- It's recommended to take off the Rifle-Shield when not in use, as the movement penalty and ease of breaking will be more of a hindrance than a benefit.
- Keep in mind that Blackbeard's Rifle-Shields can only withstand up to 60 HP worth of damage, meaning most weapons can easily tear through his shield in a matter.
As an Ally
As an Enemy
- Blackbeard is a hard to take down when he's in a position that minimizes exposing his body while equipped with his Rifle-Shield. As such, flanking him from a different angle will quickly render him vulnerable.
- Blackbeard has poor mobility when his Rifle-Shield's equipped. Try to utilise this and relocate quickly to prepare another engagement after going out of combat with him.
Rifle-Shield x 2
- "Has a backup mounted shield to swap if the first one gets damaged."
— TARS Mk 0-Transparent Armored Rifle-Shield Description
The TARS Mk 0, Transparent Armored Rifle-Shield, or simply "Rifle-Shield", is a prototype based on the armor shield technology for tank gunners. It allows Blackbeard to increase his mobile protection without diminishing his field of vision.
- Blackbeard was first seen in the The Laws of Siege - Unique Operators trailer at 0:36 on the far left.
- In the trailer his weapon was the R4-C with the Level III Striker Shield attached from X Armament Ballistic Shield.
- His name was first revealed with the announcement of the Operation Dust Line expansion on April 22, 2016.
- On his knee guard, It says BPOS (B Positive), NKA (No Known Allergies).
- Blackbeard's default outfit consists of an AirFrame ballistic helmet, a G2 Combat Shirt and Pants with a JPC body armor worn over. All of his gear is made by the same manufacturer, Crye Precision.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|