The original article was at Minebea PM-9. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- "Short to medium range submachine gun with high rate of fire and mobility. Best used in close quarters."
— In-game description
The Minebea PM-9 (also known as 9mm Machine Pistol in the Japan Self-Defense Forces (JSDF) or as the M9) is a Japanese-made machine pistol manufactured by the Nippon Miniature Bearing Company, otherwise known as Minebea.
In-game, and designated as the Bearing 9, this machine pistol is a slightly slower but more controllable option between it and the SMG-11. An advantage it holds is its rather large magazine capacity, the largest of all possible secondaries, beating out even the 5.7 USG. The select fire also allows its user to better suit themselves at close or mid range engagements.
- Largest possible magazine size of secondary weapons.
- High fire rate.
- Decent damage model.
- Low PVP reserve ammunition (three reserve magazines).
- Inability to equip an ACOG Sight.
- The Bearing 9 was originally classified as a Submachine Gun.
- The weapon has two empty reload animations, one for using the iron sights and one for using any sight attachments on the weapon.
- The odd designation is likely a reference to what Minebea stands for (Nippon Miniature Bearing Company).