- John Clark is recruited by the Central Intelligence Agency.
- John Brightling earns a PhD in Molecular Biology from the University of Virginia.
- Lars Beckenbauer is drafted into the East Germany Army.
- Lars Beckenbauer is assigned to East German Border Patrol from 1971–76.
- Tracy Woo is born in Los Angeles, California.
- Jamal Murad is born in Bani Swayf, Egypt.
- Dieter Weber is born in Munich.
- Daniel Bogart attends University of Iowa on a track and field scholarship, 1972–76.
- Homer Johnston is born in Boise, Idaho.
- Ayana Yacoby is born in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Pak Suo-Won is born in Kangnung, South Korea.
- John Brightling earns a MD from the University of Virginia.
- Jorg Walther is born in Saarbrücken, Germany.
- Kure Galanos is born in Nicosia, Cyprus.
- Karl Haider is born in Graz, Austria.
- Lars Beckenbauer is arrested by the GDR State Security Service (Stasi) under suspicion of involvement in several high-profile defections.
- Daniel Bogart graduates University of Iowa with honors with a degree in law enforcement.
- Lars Beckenbauer is released for lack of evidence and discharged from the army. His movements and activities from 1977–84 are unknown.
- The Horizon Corporation is founded by John Brightling.
- Daniel Bogart is married.